Delicious J-O’s cheesecake recipe
Whether it’s a quiet night in, a family get together or a catch up with friends, a yummy dessert is essential for any occasion.
A delicious dessert doesn’t have to be complicated to make either (we can’t all be Gordon Ramsey after all!)
So what’s super easy to make and totally tasty too? A cheesecake of course!
Bursting with J-O’s, this cheesecake is so simple to make, it requires no baking, few ingredients and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
Just a word of advice though: make sure to keep a stash of J-O’s hidden, you will be surprised by how many hungry hands will try rob them.
– 15 J-O’s
– 4 table spoons of melted butter
– 453 grams or 16 ounces of softened cream chees
– 453 grams or 16 ounces of full fat cream
– 1 cup of sugar
– 12 J-O’s, chopped
– 1 table spoon of vanilla extract
– 23 x 5 cm baking tray
– Mixing bowl
– Crush the J-O’s in a blender until they form fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and sugar and mix well
– Transfer mixture into the bottom of a baking tray and firmly flatten into one even layer
– Put the crust in the fridge to chill while you make the filling
– Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until it is well mixed and smooth. Set aside
– Whip the cream and then gently fold into the cream cheese mixture until combined
– Once done, gently fold the chopped J-O’s into the mixture
– Remove the crust from the fridge and gently pour the filling into the pan before spreading it around to create an even layer
– Lovingly scatter crushed J-O’s on top – because you can never have too much crunchy, creamy goodness!
– Allow to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight
– Remove the cheesecake from the pan and cut it into slices to serve
There you have it – no fuss, no baking, but totally tasty.
You might also like...
MISTLETOE MIKADO PARCELS
So, what are we wishing for under the Christmas tree this year? These Mikado parcels of course!
With Indiependence and Electric Picnic all coming up over the next few weeks, festival season is well under way.