• 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil.
• 1 chopped onion
• 2 chopped sticks of celery
• 3 chopped cloves of garlic
• 400g mixed mushrooms
• 2-3 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1.5l organic chicken or vegetable stock
• 75 ml cream
• A stove
• A pot
• A wooden spoon
• A blender/food processor
1. Slice the mushrooms.
2. Peel and finely slice the onion, celery and garlic.
3. In a pot heat the oil, add the onion, celery, garlic, parsley, thyme leaves and mushrooms. Pop the lid on and cook until softened.
4. Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil over a medium heat, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
6. Remove from the heat, carefully pour into a food processor and blend until smooth.
7. Pour in the cream, bring just back to the boil, then turn off the heat.
8. Garnish with the chopped parsley and add some sautéed mushrooms.
9. Add a side of Crisp Bake Grilled Cheese for an even more hearty meal. Add some grated cheese to one of our Jacob’s Crispbakes and stick it under the grill to melt. Comfort food at its best!