Giant Fig Roll Cake
One of life’s tastier mysteries, generations of Jacob’s biscuit lovers have wondered just how we get the figs into our Fig Rolls. Unfortunately, we still can’t tell you!
But we can reveal the recipe to this seriously scrumptious Giant Fig Roll Cake, courtesy of our great friends at Lovin Dublin.
A giant twist on a Jacob’s classic, this cake is jam packed with fruity, figgy goodness and will be an ultimate tummy pleaser at any occasion!
– 350g dried figs, rinsed and roughly chopped
– 400 g of plain flour
– 4 tablespoons of light muscovado sugar
– 150 g of butter
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– Baking tray
– Mixing bowl
– Rolling pin
– To start, lightly grease a baking tray and pre-heat oven to 175C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 5
– After rinsing and chopping the figs, place them in a saucepan with 1 pint of water, before allowing them to simmer for approximately 20 minutes
– During this time, stir the mixture occasionally until the figs are soft and the liquid is well reduced. Set the mixture aside to cool before blitzing in a blender to form a puree
– To make the pastry, place the flour, sugar, butter and salt into a blender, along with 2 tablespoons of water and mix until all ingredients combine to form a dough
– Remove the dough from the blender and begin to knead the dough on a lightly floured surface, before rolling into a rectangular shape about 40 x 12 cm in size
– Spread the fig puree down the centre of the dough rectangle and carefully fold in the sides so that they overlap over the filling – we don’t want to spill any of those delicious fig tastes after all!
– Place on a tray and bake for 55 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
– Now just sit back and watch as hungry hands make this utterly tasty treat disappear!
See how to make this delicious recipe for yourself in the video below!
You might also like...
Crisp Bakes – perfect for dipping or topping
Jacob’s Crisp Bakes are the perfect base to top with different things.
Pack Some Crunch Into Your Lunch
Tantalise your taste buds with Jacob’s Crisp Bakes and Crispbreads this summer!