Hummus Atá Tú
Stuck in a snacking rut? Taste buds bored of the usual flavours? Well, it’s crunch-time. This cracker creation is full of the good stuff!
– 6 Jacob’s Crispbreads with Sesame
– 3 large, red peppers
– 120g of fresh baby spinach leaves
– 50g of crumbled feta cheese
– 4g of red chilli
– 2 teaspoons of olive oil
– 400g tin of chickpeas (make sure to keep the leftover water!)
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– ½ teaspoon of ground coriander
– 2 garlic gloves
– 5 tablespoons of tahini
– 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
– Pinch of paprika
– Pinch of salt & pepper
– Baking dish
– Pastry brush
6 topped Crispbreads
– To begin, prepare the hummus by cutting the red peppers and chilli in half, before brushing with olive oil.
– Place into a baking dish and put into the oven to cook at gas mark 4 or 180° until soft. Alternatively, you can grill them. Once cooked, remove any of the blackened skin.
– Put the peppers and chilli into a blender, before adding the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, tahini, salt & pepper into the mix.
– Blitz the mixture and add some chickpea water until it is the consistency that you desire.
– Now that you’ve created your hummus – let’s move on to the work of art itself!
– Spread the hummus on top of your Jacob’s Crispbreads With Sesame, before topping with a handful of spinach.
– Finally, crumble some Feta cheese on top.
And there you have it. A truly top-tastic and seriously satisfying snack. Happy munching!
Our top tip: Have a party coming up? This recipe ensures there’s enough humus for everyone! Friends will keep coming back for the food (and the company of course!)
You might also like...
6 easy ways to improve your lunch time routine
Tired of your usual lunch time snacks? Why not try our Crispbreads as a crunchy, hearty alternative to bread?
Olé Olé Olé
Just like the infamous chant, this cracker creation strikes the perfect balance between Spanish and Italian influences.