Hummus Atá Tú
Stuck in a snacking rut? Taste buds bored of the usual flavours? Well, it’s crunch-time. This cracker creation is full of the good stuff!
– 6 Jacob’s Crispbreads with Sesame
– 3 large, red peppers
– 120g of fresh baby spinach leaves
– 50g of crumbled feta cheese
– 4g of red chilli
– 2 teaspoons of olive oil
– 400g tin of chickpeas (make sure to keep the leftover water!)
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– ½ teaspoon of ground coriander
– 2 garlic gloves
– 5 tablespoons of tahini
– 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
– Pinch of paprika
– Pinch of salt & pepper
– Baking dish
– Pastry brush
6 topped Crispbreads
– To begin, prepare the hummus by cutting the red peppers and chilli in half, before brushing with olive oil.
– Place into a baking dish and put into the oven to cook at gas mark 4 or 180° until soft. Alternatively, you can grill them. Once cooked, remove any of the blackened skin.
– Put the peppers and chilli into a blender, before adding the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, tahini, salt & pepper into the mix.
– Blitz the mixture and add some chickpea water until it is the consistency that you desire.
– Now that you’ve created your hummus – let’s move on to the work of art itself!
– Spread the hummus on top of your Jacob’s Crispbreads With Sesame, before topping with a handful of spinach.
– Finally, crumble some Feta cheese on top.
And there you have it. A truly top-tastic and seriously satisfying snack. Happy munching!
Our top tip: Have a party coming up? This recipe ensures there’s enough humus for everyone! Friends will keep coming back for the food (and the company of course!)
You might also like...
The Biscuit Evolution!
Take a trip down memory lane and explore the evolving Jacob’s range and the changing faces of your favourite biscuits!
Pack Some Crunch Into Your Lunch
Tantalise your taste buds with Jacob’s Crisp Bakes and Crispbreads this summer!