• 1 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
• 3 peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
• 1 chopped onion
• 2 chopped garlic cloves
• 1 stick lemongrass
• 1 red chilli
• 300 ml coconut milk
• 400 ml vegetable stock
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1 lime zest
• 1 handful of chopped coriander
• A stove
• A pot
• A saucepan
• A wooden spoon
• A blender/food processor
1. Heat the oil in a pot and gently fry the onion and garlic until tender.
2. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes. Give the lemongrass a bash with a rolling pin to release the flavours and add to the pan to infuse.
3. Heat the vegetable stock in a saucepan and then add it to the pot.
4. Add the coconut milk to the pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and continue to simmer.
5. Continue to cook for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
6. Remove from the heat and carefully remove the lemongrass stick.
7. Using a hand blender whiz the soup until it’s smooth and creamy.
8. Add the lemon juice and season to taste.
9. To serve the soup sprinkle with chopped coriander. For some added texture, break up some Jacob’s Crispbreads and add them to your bowl as alternative croutons! Yum!