MEDITERRANEAN GOAT’S CHEESE TAPAS DIP
Jacob’s Mediterraneo crackers and Mediterraneo Tapas crackers range are the perfect accompaniments to this rich and dunkable dip.
Summer is here and we’d all love to be somewhere sunny and Mediterranean right now! But with this delicious tomato and goats cheese dip, you’ll feel like you’re in a chilled-out tapas bar in the heart of Spain for the evening. Just add some great friends to share, and you’ll be salsa dancing before you know it!
This summery dish looks the part, so your friends and family will never know how easy it was to make! Whether it’s for a summer night in with friends, or the start of a great family meal at the table, this dip will be a success again and again.
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
• 1 chopped onion.
• 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
• 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes (you can add more or less, depending on how spicy you like it!)
• 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (400g).
• 2 teaspoons of oregano.
• 2 teaspoons of dried basil.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
• 8 ounce ball of fresh goat’s cheese, cut into slices.
• Jacob’s Mediterraneo crackers & Mediterraneo Tapas crackers to dunk!
• An oven.
• A skillet/frying pan, preferably with a handle that can be put in the oven.
• A wooden spoon.
• That’s it!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees C or gas mark 6.
2. Heat the olive oil in the pan over a medium flame. Add the onions, garlic and sprinkle the chilli flakes on top.
3. Simmer for a few minutes until the ingredients are soft and turning golden brown.
4. Add in the chopped tomatoes and stir gently.
5. Add the oregano and basil, along with a pinch of salt and some pepper.
6. Let it simmer and thicken up a bit. When it’s nice and thick throughout, take it off the heat and put to one side.
7. Lay the slices of goat’s cheese over the whole top of the mixture, making a layer.
8. Place the pan in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly. It won’t take long, so make sure that it doesn’t burn!
9. Take the pan out and serve hot from the oven with some delicious Jacob’s Mediterranean snacks. Delicioso!
This dip works perfectly with Jacob’s entire Mediterranean range, from our Mediterraneo crackers, in gorgeous Lightly Salted, Tomato & Basil and Olive Oil flavours, to our Mediterraneo Tapas range. Why not mix and match your favourites for a truly tempting feast!
Hint: If you’re not a fan of Goat’s cheese, then why not try this recipe with Mozzarella? Tastes just as good!
You might also like...
Hummus Atá Tú
Stuck in a snacking rut? Taste buds bored of the usual flavours? Well, it’s crunch-time. This cracker creation is full of the good stuff!